Access Statement - Belle Vue Royal Hotel
We aim to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable stay and all requests are dealt with in an efficient manner.
Entrance, foyer and car park
• There are four steps at the main entrance to the hotel. Ramps are available on request.
• There are four steps at the back entrance on a slightly steeper gradient than the front entrance, making ramps unsuitable.
• There is one step to the bar, one step to the reception desk and one step to the main staircase from the main entrance.
• After the step, the ground floor is level.
• The reception desk is at a low level – 98.25cm
• There is no lift in the hotel. Assistance with luggage is always available.
• There is good contrast between the walls and the floors in all areas. The corridors are wide and well lit.
• The ladies’ toilet is accessible and has three cubicles, each with handrails. The gents’ toilets are not accessible as there are three steps from the door to the cubicles and urinals. By prior arrangement we may be able to block off our ground floor bedroom to provide suitable facilities.
• There is a small car park to the rear of the hotel. It is advised that guests who need to use ramps use the street outside as a drop-off point.
• There is some disabled car parking spaces on the street outside not owned by the hotel.
• All but one bedroom is situated on the first or second floor.
• There are seventeen steps between floors.
• On the first floor two rooms on one side of the hotel have two further steps leading to them. At the other end of the building there are 8 rooms with five steps leading to them. The second floor is level throughout.
• There is one ground floor bedroom suitable for guests with limited mobility. Three small steps lead to this room. A ramp can be put over these steps on request.
• Inside the ground floor room there is a bath with hand grabs and a shower over the bath. There is a handrail on the wall by the toilet. The bathroom door is relatively narrow (75.6cm) but the bedroom is very spacious and has a double bed and single bed in it.
• The door to the ground floor room measures 81cm and there is one inner door that measures 75.6cm.
• Three bedrooms on the first floor have a walk-in shower. There is one bedroom with a walk-in shower on the second floor.
Bar & restaurant
• The bar and restaurants are spacious and on one level. There is a variety of seating arrangements.
• Menus are available in large print on request.
• Table service is standard in the restaurant and can be arranged in the bar.
Transport & nearby facilities
• The bus and train station are five minutes walk away.
• A taxi rank is five minutes walk away or can be booked by the hotel.
• A shop mobility service operates around the corner, less than five minutes walk.